Skin Care: Deeper than a “Facial”
Skin Care and esthetics goes beyond the popular term “facials”. We proudly use Dermalogica products for all esthetic treatments. Dermalogica put it best in this quote:
“A lot of clients talk about facials and at Dermalogica we talk about skin treatments and the difference is clear. A facial is something that is indulgent or pampering. A skin treatment is specific to that client’s skin, designed specifically for them by an expert skin therapist and the results are unequaled. I analyze the skin in depth and design a treatment that’s different every single time because your skin is different every time you come in. You should receive a Dermalogica skin treatment about every 4-6 weeks. The results your going to see with a Dermalogica skin treatment are unlike anything else in the industry because we exfoliate the skin, we double cleanse the skin, we do extractions (as-needed), tailor-made customized massage and masque technique. With the products that are unequaled, you’re going to see your skin glowing, more luminous, hydrated, quite honestly it’s going to be in its optimum condition, the best skin you’ve ever had.” – The Dermalogica Skin Treatment
- Rescheduling inside 24 hours will result in a fee of 50% of your scheduled services. A no-show will result in a fee of 100% of your scheduled services. Thank you for understanding.
Preparing For Your Lash Extension Appointment
Depending on how many lashes you have, your first appointment may take two to three hours. The fill appointments are shorter, usually 90 mins.
Please do not wear any eye makeup to your appointment. Lashes should be clean and ready for application. Please do not drink heavy amounts of caffeine prior to appointment as it makes lashes flutter.
You will not be able to get your lashes wet for 24 hours after application to ensure the glue is fully cured. If lashes get wet, it may cause premature lash loss and eye irritation.
Do's and Don'ts
√ Clean lashes daily
√ Use oil-free makeup and skin care products
√ Seal and protect lashes
√ Comb and groom lashes daily
√ Follow advice of your lash artist
∅ Wash eyes or shower within 24-hours of application
∅ Directly apply heat to eyelashes
∅ Rub or pull eyelashes
∅ Use eyelash curlers on your extensions
∅ Remove extensions yourself
The Power of Aftercare
Lashes are supplied exclusively from Bella Lash. Bella Lash believes that there’s more to eyelash extensions than just application, which is why they’ve created a superior aftercare line. Aftercare is essential for healthy eyelash extensions. With proper care, you can prolong the life of your lashes, maintain proper hygiene, and keep your beautiful lashes healthy.
I offer their line of Bella Lash cleansers, sealers, mascaras, and serums to keep your eyelash extensions looking healthy and full. All of aftercare products are made in the USA.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a tattoo technique that fills brows out or reshapes them by drawing on tiny lines that look like individual hairs. It is done with a hand-held tool that puts pigment into the skin, but doesn’t go as deep as a normal tattoo would.
It’s also permanent. With proper care, your microbladed brows should last about 18 months.
You receive an initial appointment and then once the brow has healed, you will return for a touch-up, which is included in the price.
Preparing for Your Microblading Appointment
Disclaimer: Results will vary in all permanent cosmetic applications. Old, preexisting work may need extra applications to hide any discolorations or symmetry issues.
The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive, and non-irritated.
- Do not pick, tweeze, wax, or tint eyebrows or perform electrolysis one week before procedure.
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have a sunburned face.
- Do not receive any facials or peels two weeks before procedure.
- Discontinue Vitamin A and Retinol products at least three weeks before procedure.
- Do not have botox or any fillers done three weeks before procedure.
- Do not take Asprin, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week before procedure. (Natural blood thinners)
- Do not drink alcohol two days before.
What to expect
- You should expect to feel sore for at least two to three hours after the procedure. It may feel chapped or like a sunburn.
- The color is going to be very dark for the first few days until it starts healing. Color will soften, and it is hard to predict how much so. Touching area with fingers and rubbing can lead to infections of the treated area.
- Do not use ice, as it WILL cause infection.
- Expect to have some flaking. Keep applying Brow Balm.
- Expect your skin to be white around the area where the numbing cream was applied. It will disappear when the numbing wears off, this is blanching.
- If you experience itching, this just means it is in the process of healing and might be dry. Please do not scratch it or pull/rub at it! Applying Brow Balm will help relieve the discomfort of tightness.
- Do not touch area with your fingers, as it could cause a infection.
- Do not double dip into ointment product as it could contaminate and cause a infection. Use a new Q-Tip or implement each time!
- Apply ointment three to five times a day. Keep the area slightly moist, more is not better, a thin veil is all you need.
- No makeup in general area, as it could cause a infection.
- Avoid direct contact with animals, sun, soap, steam, jacuzzi, swimming, exercising or excessive heat.
- Do not rub, as it could take color out.
- Do not use sunblock on brows until they are totally healed.
- Pigment loss could leave the tattooing area uneven and spotty, and the symmetry or lines may be off. If this is bothersome to you, please schedule a touch up.
- You are responsible for your touch up follow up if needed.
- Touch ups are 4 to 6 weeks after application, any sooner can cause scarring.
- Color has to cure and heal in skin for 4 to 6 weeks to determine outcome.
- All procedures must Heal, Peel, and Fade, this can take up to ten days. If there is pigment loss, it could leave your tattooing uneven and spotty.
- Avoid AHA’S, VIT A, RETIN A, OR LIKE PEELING PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES….IT WILL FADE THEM.
- You should not expect to have only one service applied for a lifetime or after a initial application, as I cannot fully predict how it may heal. However one procedure can be enough if the results are desirable. Permanent makeup can be a process.
Treatment & Precautions
- You must keep the area moist at all times until completely healed. Use the Brow Balm provided. This will help keep peeling down to a minimum and maintain your color.
- Do not use any harsh cleansers or over the counter healing creams, ointments. This may cause irritation and burning and could possibly lead to infection/scarring/color loss.
- Remember that this is an open wound and should be treated as one, cleaned and cared for.
- Do not go swimming until completely healed. The bacteria in the water may cause infection or pull color out.
- Stay out of the sun and tanning booths, this will not only irritate the wound but fade your color tremendously. UVB, UVA LIGHT reeks havoc on all tattoo’s. To maintain color, please apply sunscreen.
- Keep your hands away from the area. Don’t scratch, rub, pick, or touch. Your hands and fingernails carry many germs.
If you see the area starting to peel, do not help it along. Doing so will pull color out completely and can cause spotting and unevenness/symmetry issues.
Please send a message to let us know what questions you may have before booking. Use the contact form on this page and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours.